BENEFITS OF ACHIEVING THE IOSH MANAGING SAFELY CERTIFICATE
Enables you to assess and control risks and hazards
Provides a full understanding of your responsibilities for safety and health
Enables you to investigate incidents
Empowers you to measure your own performance against good practice
- To give managers and supervisors an understanding of everyone’s safety and health responsibilities in the workplace.
- To enable managers and supervisors to recognise how they can influence, control and monitor risk to improve safety and health issues in the workplace.
- The learner will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage safety and health in the workplace
- Define key terms relating to safety and health
- Identify how the law can have an impact on safety and health in the workplace
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, their impact and how to manage them
- Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
- List the benefits and characteristics of an effective health and safety management system
The course has 7 units (modules):
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing Risk
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding Responsibilities
- Understanding Hazards
- Investigating Incidents
- Measuring Performance
IOSH Managing Safely is assessed by a 30 question mixed format exam and a short practical assessment (a workplace risk assessment) completed at the end of the course.
If you are studying by e-Learning, your exam is online and the practical assessment is completed at your workplace.
Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH certificate.